How It Works
On The Day
Before you come to a Kids Run Free event please register each child via our registration page. You will be allocated a Membership Number (this is in the form of a bar code) for each child you register. Please print this off and bring to every event you attend.
On your first event, your child/ren will be given a Race Card for them to collect their stickers and a welcome free gift, please bring the Kids Run Free Race Card along to every event.
The events proceed as follows:
- Arrive at 8:45am (some locations have different start times, please check on the KRF location page). Click here to find your nearest event)
- Warm-ups before the race begins. Listen out for instructions from the race director!
- When you hear your child’s group being called, head for the start line.
- Get ready...get steady...GO!
- At the end of the race, make sure your child's time is recorded and a sticker fixed to his/her race card (Only one sticker per child will be awarded per event attended)
There will be a Race Director and plenty of volunteers at the events who will always be willing to help out or answer questions.
Keeping the attention of children for long enough to get them sufficiently warmed up can be tricky, so we always follow a set procedure that makes warming up enjoyable as well as effective.
We use a mini-circuit using mini-hurdles, cones and agility ladders that children can take at their own pace. Generally running around and having fun is an ideal way to get kids warmed up without them even realising!
Then we go through a simple aerobics session involving balance, stretching and co-ordination exercises.
Afterwards the children can emulate their running heroes by doing the 'Mobot' or 'Bolt'!
- 0-2 year-olds run 50m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
- 3-4 year-olds run 100m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
- 5-6 year-olds run 250m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
- 7-8 year-olds run 500m (plus subsequent races should they wish to)
- 7-16 year olds can run 1000m if they think they're hard enough!
After the Race
For every event your child attends they will be given one Kids Run Free sticker to put into their Kids Run Free Race Card. This sticker will be given after their race.
For your child to receive their free Kids Run Free gift they need to attend:
Monthly Events - 8 events (1 full race card)
Fortnightly Events - 16 events (1 full race card)
Weekly Events - 36 events (3 full race cards)
To claim your Kids Run Free, free gift:
Please send us your child's race card(s) indicating your child's T-shirt size and which event they normally attend, to:
Kids Run Free
4 Euston Place
or you can scan/photgraph them and send them to Julia at email@example.com
Your child's gift will be sent to the Race Director and will be awarded to them at their next event.