Events Assistant & Office Administrator
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an ever-expanding registered children’s charity in Leamington Spa, whose mission is to create fun, sustainable running events for 0-16 year olds throughout the UK. We are looking for a hardworking and flexible individual to assist in the planning of our one off events throughout the year whilst also delivering all office administration tasks and assisting our small team. Ideally you will have some administration/office experience and be able to work to tight deadlines and to your own initiative. You must have excellent written and verbal communication as you will be our first point of contact for our users/suppliers, have a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and be ready to jump in where needed. The ideal candidate will have previous events planning experience and be someone who wishes to move into events management.
Kids Run Free believes in the power of working together, we want to learn from you as much as we want to offer you our knowledge. If you feel you have the right skill set to fit into our fast paced charity please send us your CV and cover letter.
Title: Events Assistant & Office Administrator
Responsible to: Chief Operations Officer
Hours: 20 hrs per week, ideally 4 hrs per day. Occasional weekend working required
Focus of the role: Deliver all aspects of administration for both the office and for KRF one off events whilst also offering support to the Kids Run Free team as needed.
Events Assistant tasks include but not limited to
• Administration of one off events throughout the year
• Booking locations
• Setting up on line entry platforms
• Updating Social Media in line with KRF guidelines to advertise events
• Sourcing & booking suppliers
• Preparation of equipment for event day
• Obtaining quotes for medals, t-shirts, banners, flags etc
• Effective pre events communication with the KRF team
• Effective handover of details to the Event Director for event days
• All aspects of Health & Safety including Risk Assessment writing/PLI etc
Office Administration tasks include but not limited to
• Overseeing the charity email account and responding to emails and phone queries
• Administration of all incoming and outgoing post including packaging & postage
• Management of existing filing systems
• Use of and updating of the CRM database
• Stock control and ordering including but not exclusive of – Office equipment and supplies, event equipment – flags, banners, Medals, t-shirts, stickers etc
• Sourcing and working with suppliers, obtaining quotations, chasing up deliveries
• Monitoring of websites/online shop and updating copy/products as needed
• Cash handling including the administration of petty cash and banking cheques/cash
• Chasing up unpaid invoices
• Taking and distributing meeting minutes
• Direct and proactive communication with the Kids Run Free team
• Assisting KRF team with ongoing projects
• Booking travel and hotels
The ideal candidate will already have some experience in administration, working in an office environment and events planning however all training will be given where needed.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Samantha Young either to [email protected] or 4 Euston Place, Leamington Spa, CV32 4LN by Wednesday 25th September.