Measurement and Evaluation Officer
Kids Run Free is a registered children’s charity. We are ever expanding and therefore looking for a dedicated and flexible individual to take on this challenging but rewarding role at our head office in Leamington Spa.
Our mission is to create fun and sustainable running opportunities for toddlers to teens, igniting their passion for sport and physical activity and allowing them to become healthier, happier, more confident children.
The position of Measurement & Evaluation Officer requires full hands-on management of our Digital Tracking System (database) and app. You will head up all technical developments with our developers including the testing of all systems before going live and communicating these developments to the team and our users.
You will have a passion for data and numbers, whilst also being able to conduct interviews, surveys and focus groups with teachers, kids and parents either face to face or over the phone.
Working closely with the Chief Operations Officer you will measure and evaluate all data at your disposal to create reports and make informed suggestions in order to develop and improve our programmes.
The right person for this role will be an organised, outgoing and pro-active individual with some experience of working with technical systems and data, and have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Salary: Up to £15,000 p.a for suitable qualified candidate
Hours: 30 hours per week.
Responsible to: The Chief Operations Manager
Working with the Chief Operations Officer you will be responsible for all Measurement and Evaluation of our Park Kids and Marathon Kids programmes, by:
- Heading up the technical development of the KRF Running App and the Digital Tracking System, including testing
- Measuring and evaluating the Kids Run Free programmes by means of the information received from the KRF Running App and the Digital Tracking System
- Being the first point of contact for schools, public and colleagues with technical support and troubleshooting of the KRF Running App and the Digital Tracking System
- Delivering weekly/monthly/annual reports on the running data to be used by the KRF team for PR/Marketing and general promotion of our programmes
- Engaging teachers/schools, children and parents to participate in surveys, focus groups and interviews with the aim of collecting in-depth data and feedback of our programmes to be used for case studies, PR/Marketing and general promotion of our programmes
- Writing of case studies for publications
- Writing up and feeding back the impact of our programmes to our partners/funders in lines with their guidelines and objectives
- Experience of working in measurement & evaluation and data analysis
- Experience in the use of databases and apps
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated as the role will involve using your own initiative
- Able to fit in with an established team
- Excellent organisational and time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to create working relationships with a large range of individuals both internally and externally
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong IT capabilities in range of MS Office applications
- Able to perform under pressure
- Experience working with IT developers to build bespoke database/app
- Experience working with partners/funders
- Max one hour commuting time from our Leamington office
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- Personal interest/involvement in sporting events as a competitor
- Background information about Kids Run Free and the charity
- All aspects of the DTS and App systems
To apply for this role, please email [email protected] with your current CV and covering letter briefly explaining why you think you are suited to this role.
A two stage interview process will apply with an initial telephone interview and those successful applicants being invited for an interview.
We thank you for your interest and support of Kids Run Free.